Two Mirrors, Face to Face (The Crescent Moon Bookends)


In the Hall of Mirrors,
A reflection bounces 
And stretches out
Into an unfolding line to time.

Entwined in this is you
 my brother--


We are mirrors,
Each
 Reflecting 
To the other.

I am here even now
In some hospital room where 
It stinks of sepsis.

The dying-dream is inked.

 Brother,
I press the rag to your fevered-face
And tell you now (as a living memory),
"I've done my best to keep the cupboards clean,
And I've confessed my wrongdoings
So that I might pray with you tonight."

I pray, but never alone-
You are always with me.
Our hands press together like bookends.
I bring you tea.


Keep the mirror steady
And hold it to my nostrils.
I will do the same
For you.

Now remember, 
Just as we planned:

Reflect!
You say,
"There is only one G-d..."

Alpha
Omega
Alpha
Water
Alpha
Noun
Verb
Word
Alpha
X m(ark)s the spot
Woman
Man
Verb
Alpha


I say 
"That G-d has one son." 
You say,
"And we killed him."
I say,
"He was resurrected."
You say, "He will be back."

Ah,
He will be back!

Do you get it yet?
Until that day,
There's work to do.

We repeat
The Words
And reflect
Again.

Brother?
For now,
Let the mirror keep reflecting back
The same silver thread.

In the first person
Of the present tense
Of the verb "to be,"
Stand here in this room
With me.

We are twin crescent-moons
Dilating in unison:
One at the start;

One at the end.



_______




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Upside Down Keyboard Code* - gckk,t vzlck, kx.t d,byx;mk ixk, .r.r.r | .r.r.r.

QWERTY in the Alphabet Soup

Every search and query is gathered up in some strange way to make the bones of the beast