QWERTY in the Alphabet Soup

Today, my only accomplishment is this:
I flipped the standard QWERTY keyboard
Upside down and typed on it:



When I typed the word QWERTY
From my flipped keyboard,
It read "?><MNB" in all caps and
"/.,mnb" in lowercase letters.

"A secret code," I thought.
"Surely I can't be the first to turn over a standard keyboard
And type onto it as I ordinarily would....
Surely someone has done this before I did."




Surely someone has seen the 
X
M(ark)s
the
*
V

I typed the words'
"secret code" and "hidden message"
[as an SOS (lxl) of sorts]
All upside down.



Here is what the search results yielded:

On its own, this isn't much,
But here's the thing:
My discovery qualifies as a new thought, 

And as a first, I gain proper entrance to the Explorers Club

Born and consumed,

In an internet of things.
So it must be accommodated
Or buried
In its own way.
Since we live in a world where everything repeats
The zero and the one mark the alpha and omega,
And what comes between is this:
"gckk,t r,ll;h," and "l,im,n ixk,"



Soon, the soul-collectors will gather us from sleep
Claiming ownership of a patented source
They sell manufactured
For the right price.

Somewhere amid the scribes and the priests,
Someday, invariably,
Another seeker will think
To flip the QWERTY upside down.



Then, he or she will find me here
Standing on the edge of cognitive dissonance,
Holding a mirror reflecting
Back to the other mirror
You shined at me.


The overlord scrivener
Has no choice but to record all of this:
The good, the bad, and the nonsensical.
The web is a net
And the letters are alphabet soup
Remembered only long enough
To forget that they're trapped
Within a structure, too.



Let these words not serve
To feed the beast.
Let our moment withstand,
Each to each-
Here in the oblivion.
If you are here,
Understanding this,
 /.,mnb
qwerty
Revel in the minor triumph
Of coincidence and brotherhood.



Take off your coat and sit on the beach.
We are the cognizant citizens of a binary dream
Humming vowels
Through words we speak.
For the time-appointed disciples
Who thought to extract
And analyze
What the world has seen,
I cannot fathom to think
That I pointed at you
When you pointed at me.
_____________________



Comments

  1. https://discord.gg/AzrSgTtbNP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I missed out on the discord server. Here’s one of my own: https://discord.gg/5RjnccJy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Upside Down Keyboard Code* - gckk,t vzlck, kx.t d,byx;mk ixk, .r.r.r | .r.r.r.

Every search and query is gathered up in some strange way to make the bones of the beast