These Three Things

Shut the f*ck up. 
What? 
Huh? 

I said shut the f*ck up. 

No. 
That’s not how it goes. 

So how does it go? 

It goes 
Yeah 
Yeah… 
She loves you… 
Yeah yeah 
Yeah. 
Baby. 
Baby. 
Love me. 
Love me. 
Do
Sugar t*ts 
Love me 

FRAME:  He balls his fist and swings it from up high.
Like the descendent arc of a lunar orbit,
He hammers it down onto her face. 
She would have ducked, but 
The knuckles split her lip and cracked the eye-tooth 
Before she could even shudder to think
How much money it would cost to get this fixed.
She spat drizzled blood-lumps before even registering pain 
As the radio played 
Baby baby 
Lover 
I’m gonna 
Love you 
She loves you 
Yeah 
Yeah 
Yeah 

MEANWHILE: the dung-beetles carry these moments on heavy shoulders 
And bring them deep down to

them dead guys,
that get burried 
in those toons
all... 
 
She loves you. 
And the Egyptian F*CK YOU mother f*cker 
Smiles and says 
F*CK YOU 
And f*ck 
You 
You 
You! 

He swings back and hammers.
Turn it up 
Radio songs transmit,
Saying 
Yeah, Baby….  

The radio plays a soundtrack 
And your face feels 
Linoleum spit 
And blood 
C*m/&
P*ss  

At one point, you finally knew it was wrong:
He said, “Three fingers?” 
And he didn’t even cut his nails. 
Nails! 
What about four? 
Huh, Baby? 
Ohh… baby… 
Baby 
Baby 
Baby… 

These words transmitted across the airwaves 
And made the violation more brutal. 
They were drawn to it, to the babybabybaby soundtrack
That sucked up the heavy air in the room
And pulled out the mist that ordinarily
Would have provided some kind of moisture.
Now, the dryness protruded like red-rectangular corners,
So they preserved the moment and cut the rectangles in half.
in half
in half
in half
They shuddered
Stuttered
Stumbled/&
Spit
Onto your body
(and into your ears)
A transistor kiss:
"I speak lies."

Yes, they transmit their candy-coated stink.
Their smiles smother
Beneath the
Baby
Baby
Baby...
So shhhh

____________________________

A Prophetic Interpretation for Gatsby's American Dream

"The great Dust Bowl will be filled with the bloody, skinny bodies of Jews, and you will eat them in the 40s.  You will consume them and keep them safe in your bones and only when adolescence is invented and the people are wrapped in a warm blanket of entertainment will Pharaoh lift his head and nod and hum a simple tune from the Beatles...   Within three days, Pharaoh will lift up your head and restore you to your position, but some of you will be kept in prison to test whether you are true.  You will be tested during these times."



_____________________________


g=01g/e 


"She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
 She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
 She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

Songwriters: Paul Mccartney, John Lennon. 

_____________________________
 
FIRST APPARITION: 
I whirl in bits of silicon sand. 
Listen to me, if you can-

Three lines
Three rhymes
Three times.

Enough! 
I’m lost. 
I’m lost. 
Yet you shall be tempest tossed!
Into the cauldron throw
For-to-eight digital. 


SECOND APPARITION:
A thought, a thought!
I squeezed my hand
into an X m(ark)s the spot!
I balled my tight fistly
Still leaving inside me 
Room for the asterisks 
Caroled in by dismal beetles 
Who marched in twos down 
Into the frames. 
  
Later, we—the savages standing mute on the shore—took notice. 
And we marveled as the letters sailed two by two 
And gathered in great numbers 
Forming certain words 
That appeared like remnants of frayed ghost-ships. 

And as for you, this comes to an end 
When blue-blood lips have kissed 
All the men! 
(And all the wives 
And all the lovers 
In all the lives.) 

Well then, indeed!
Usher me Down, dear beadle.
What you spoke will never be!"

THIRD APPARITION:
His father is a silver thread. 
And the Flesh? 
The Flesh is a woman
Who pounds into this 
Double helix the noise
Of a heavy stone
That dives deep.
With that conscious kiss, 
She regales in the cusp 
and then in the wane. 

He abused her then,
While the music played...
But not again.

And those brothers,
The twin crescent moons,
They dilate in unison! 


FOURTH APPARITION:
Let him light the mist and carry it on. 
Ah, to be open to 48 frames per second.
When two mirrors face, each to each,
How many reflections can be counted?
Squeezed by his hand into the arc of a story,
How many asterisks can he hold in his fist?

How many are shouldered onto the backs of dismal beetles 
Who carry them down into the blue-blood dung. 

I whirl in bits of silicon sand, 
48 frames per second 
—perfectly digital— 
And perfectly preserved in the hexagonal honeycomb.

And you?  Will you squeeze into the ark of the 
Asterisks that moves down dismal tombs 
On the sturdy shoulders of dung-beetles?


_____________________________

By the way, I did find out about the man
Who tried to sneak in here.
He looked like an ordinary player,
An ordinary piece
In this game of chess,
So when I introduced myself,
I had no idea who or what he really was...

On squares of black and white,
We engaged as pawns
Of polite conversation.
Eventually we landed on the 
Safe subject of pets.

Like a proud parent, 
I took out my phone and shared
A picture of my dog Dexter.
"We named him after Dexter, the serial killer,"
I said, laughing.

He in turn told me all about his "Ophelia."
"It was my love for Hamlet that
Led me to choose the
Name Ophelia 
For my pet."

I have a "gift of discernment."
I'm able to see colors 
Where others see black and white.
So when he talked about Hamlet and Ophelia,
I heard the "auditory cipher" 
and determined its hidden message.

How do I say this without unsettling you?
Here goes: sometimes the principalities 
Choose to speak through the players
Without their even knowing about it.
In a game of chess,
I hear fragments of a cosmic debate ensue.
It's not unlike driving in the car, turning on the radio,
And catching a bit of a song that suddenly "makes sense"
With the events in life.

And here's the interesting part...
The players don't know it.

So when the man spoke about his dog,
He didn't recognize that his words betrayed his terrible secret.

I asked, "What was it about Ophelia that you liked?"
I said it more like an accusation than a question.

BAM!

He knew that I knew.
All pretense disappeared.
The fish was pulled from the water
And it stammered, stuttered, stiffened
On a chess board where no babybabybaby 
Could distract from the truth.

I think he realized then that the airless rooms are real.
They must have terrified him because he turned to me 
And rather desperately apologized.
He didn't deny anything or try to explain anything.
He simply apologized
As if I had some power to absolve,
Which I don't.

If there is any power,
It lies here in this cavern,
In this maze
And the Father and the Son
And the lengths one will go to.
________________________________


“F*ck it!” I say. 

I have no better place to go, 
So I’ll slip into the ebb and flow 
Of the tidal-march beetle-drum. 

It says ‘Boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom.’ 
Just like a pig, see?    
 
Meanwhile, I remember standing in front of my class  
After teaching Macbeth for the ba-jillionth time. 
16 years of ‘walking shadows’ and incarnadine seas: 
It all makes my soul sleepless with dis-ease. 
How many millstones begin with something I teach? 

No more!  No More!  Next time, I vow.
Skim the witches, skim the ghost, 
Skim the murders... 
Next time we will focus on these three things: 
1) ...He’s worth no more
2) They say he parted well and paid his score 
3)  And so, God be with him…


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Upside Down Keyboard Code* - gckk,t vzlck, kx.t d,byx;mk ixk, .r.r.r | .r.r.r.

QWERTY in the Alphabet Soup

Every search and query is gathered up in some strange way to make the bones of the beast